Home Staging Colour Consultation & Décor
When it comes time to sell your home, first impressions count.
Your goal is to sell your property quickly at the best possible price. The goal of the potential buyer is to visualize living in your property with their own belongings around them.
Home staging is all about making the best of the space you have by enhancing its good points.
1. Start at the highest point first, that maybe the attic or the bedrooms.
2. Be ruthless, those heavy drapes that you have had in years, need to be boxed up, windows should allow natural light into the bedroom so clean them. Add sheers instead of drapes.
3. Clean thoroughly and vacuum the carpet or wipe over hardwoods.
4. Remove personal objects from the walls and night stands.
5. Repainting is an option if it hasn’t been refreshed in a while.
6. Identify the focal point of a room, it is usually the bed, although a master bedroom may have 2 focal points such as a fireplace and a bed or even a picture window. The eye should be drawn to the focal point in the room.
7. The bedroom should be clean, fresh and inviting.
You don’t have to invest a lot of money on a new bed set. Use plain white sheets and tuck over a duvet or comforter. Add a throw and a couple of pillows. These lamps were Ikea and very inexpensive. Repurpose from another room. Remember less is more. Accessorize a dresser or drawers with a table runner, a vase with fresh flowers.
Habitat Muse – Home Staging and Decor
How to stage a bedroom.
website coming soon