5 Simple Tips to Brighten Up a Room that wont cost the earth.
Each season brings with it a new freshness. Inspiration may come from a variety of sources, for example a piece of wall art or, just take a look outside for inspiration from nature.
The 4 seasons in all their glory. Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.
What colours would you associate with each of the seasons?
These are my choices.
Spring – New life, bulbs bursting with colour, buds ready to explode on the trees. The colours I associate with Spring are:- yellows and greens.
Summer – Bold Vibrant colours, red, pinks, lilacs and purple
Autumn – Warm, rich colours that blend together yellows, ochre, oranges and browns
Winter – Blue, white, silver, frost
How can we brighten up a room by using the colours of the seasons.
- Add accent cushions/pillows and a throw to a sofa. Place pillows in odd numbers, such as 1 or 3, add different shapes, mix and match.
- Fresh flowers automatically add their own identity to a room with the added bonus of their perfume, such vibrancy. Look for vases of different shapes, sizes and colours.
- An accent wall add pictures or wall art that draws the eye to the area. Consider wall paper or a contrast paint colour.
- Find the focal point to a room for example a fireplace and dress it. Candle sticks, coloured candles vases, pictures, a mirror. Interchange or repurpose what you already have from another room
- Add wall art. A cluster of prints, shop close outs, if you are slightly artistic design your own unique piece.
Shop Thrift stores, Charity shops, flea markets, you can often pick up an inexpensive bargain. All you need is a little imagination.
Don’t be tempted to overstate. Make sure you have room to move round your furniture.
Stores such as Home Goods, Tuesday Mornings, TKMaxx, Marshalls, World Market…… have an array of affordable objects that would cheer up any room. Home Décor in store or online. Pinterest is so inspiring, take a look for ideas.
Photos searching sites such as:- Home Goods blog- Home & Fabulous. Pier 1 Imports, Pinterest, Pottery Barn, Z Gallerie, Crate & Barrel.
Mix pastels, bold statements and textures.
Bring the seasons into your home.
5 Simple tips to brighten up any room.
What is your favourite season?