Kitchen Renovations – Dare I say that ” The end is near”
It’s been a while since my husband and I began this particular project.
A new kitchen is one of the most expensive rooms in any home to renovate or remodel.
It requires patience, accurate measuring and planning, colour co-ordination – yes I had a wall full of different paint tester hues, starting off with Yellow, it didn’t work at all.
To re-cap this is what we did first:
- Physically took down the old kitchen cabinets and ripped up the slate floor
- Leveled as best we could the kitchen floor and ceiling – our home was built in the 1980’s
- Re-boarded the ceiling (over popcorn) in line with the rest of the downstairs ceiling we had repaired. Then mudded and painted.
- Tiled the floor complete with centre pattern after measuring it out thoroughly.
- Extended the floor tiling theme to the back hall and downstairs Powder Room
- Installation of Cabinets with Granite countertops, sink, faucet,dishwasher, waste disposal unit, microwave, fridge/freezer and under cabinet lighting.
- Kitchen ceiling lights – the one over the island we rescued, it had been hanging in the dining room. Very retro.
- New Bay Window – http://www.windowworld.com
- Plantation Blinds – http://www.homedepot.com
- Portable kitchen island & chairs -www.ikea.com
- Re-decoration – your truly
- Shelf décor – Pottery Barn – http://www.potterybarn.com – online order only
If you look closely you can see our door to the garage covered with The Union Jack Flag
The Powder room area. We had tile left over, so just continued the flow.
Did I miss something?
Oh the door!
Hand picked curtains courtesy of Tuesday Mornings.
Alder Knotty Pine Barn Door with Black Matt Hardware
Yes, our Barn door. This took some thinking about and precise measurements.
What is your opinion of our Kitchen Renovation Project?
What DIY venture are you undertaking right now or what project are you most proud of?
Beautiful! I love the color palette. It’s so light and airy with just enough rustic touches, like the barn door, to keep it grounded.
Thank you, apologies for the delay in responding.
Very nice..it looks really good…